Data: Lost in Translation No More
The rise of Big Data technologies and data-driven approaches of business functions has created a demand for data architects and scientists that is growing by as much as 12% annually. These highly technical resources and capabilities address part of the challenge, but organizations still struggle with how to effectively use the data they have to make timely and informed decisions to improve business and mission outcomes.
As the volume and complexity of data increases, the focus has moved farther away from the consumer’s needs towards the analytical methods and technologies. This disconnect is, at best, a missed opportunity and, at worst, a limiting factor to mission operators being able to take action.
Arc Aspicio helps our clients retain focus on optimizing their available data to make informed and timely decisions that result in improved mission outcomes and fiscal responsibility through:
- Technically-skilled Mission Data Translators who bring mission knowledge to bridge the gap between data scientists and stewards who have detailed knowledge of the data, technologies, and capabilities, with key decision makers who need complex analysis and insights presented in a clear and actionable way
- A human-centered Design Thinking approach that starts with understanding the mission operators’ and decision makers’ needs and points of view to inform how resources are prioritized to achieve mission outcomes
- Repeatable methods and accelerators that translate data into tangible business solutions, including our Data Wrangling Accelerator to collect, curate, organize, and translate disparate datasets into a mutually intelligible format that can be used for further analysis and visualization
- Visualization designs and techniques aligned to user needs and expectations, resulting in simple, clear, and compelling visuals that support actionable decision-making
As businesses continue to collect more data each day, simply analyzing it is not enough. Instead, Arc Aspicio recognizes the importance of translating this data to produce the most effective mission outcomes.
* This blog was written in collaboration with Matt Dorritie
About Arc Aspicio
Arc Aspicio is a management, strategy, and technology consulting firm that takes a mission-oriented approach to complex client challenges. As a rapidly growing company, Arc Aspicio has a bold strategy for 2016-2018 that drives growth through new capabilities in strategy, design, human capital, data analytics, information sharing, cybersecurity, and strategic communications. The company is known for a strong, collaborative culture that values gratitude – for its clients and its great team. And, #welovedogs! Follow us on Twitter @arcaspicio or learn more at www.arcaspicio.com.