Our Strategy Sets Our Course, Our Culture Enables our Team
From our early days as entrepreneurs – in our basement with our dog, Magnum – we have focused on being a consulting firm, not just a company that puts people on projects, but one that provides significant executive attention, applies methods and innovations, and achieves long-term collaborative partnerships with our clients.
This is no more evident than in our strategy, which we build for a three-year horizon, formally refine on an annual basis, and re-evaluate every six months to make sure we are executing the right strategic initiatives to help our strategy become real. Our strategy sets our course. We refine or redefine our strategy to stay ahead of current trends, providing exceptional services, grounded in proven methods, to help our clients innovative relentlessly, despite their dynamic and ever-changing complex environments and endless constraints
So, how have we have done this despite a difficult market, obstacles from the Government, and a changing generation who has new demands from their workplace? First, we’ve made a lot of mistakes – and learned from them, creating new leading practices so that we can repeat success with our current and new clients. Second, we’ve focused intensely on our culture.
Our culture enables our team. We have created a strong, helping culture that emphasizes trust, gratitude, sharing knowledge, passion, and humility. Our consultants are creative, disciplined, and flexible and our culture reinforces this approach. We ask our people to participate in growing a company they want to be a part of and hiring people they want to work with – to deliver measurable results for our clients despite many obstacles. We take on hard, mission-critical projects where there are many stakeholders with different priorities and needs. And we flexibly and diligently work with our clients to overcome challenges and achieve measurable results.
Without a culture that reinforces teamwork (including our clients as members of our team), we could not overcome the obstacles that are common in our clients’ nearly impossible mission demands, aggressive schedules, and demand work environment.
This is our story. Strategy. Culture. Mission. We think that our clients want to work with us for five key reasons:
- We Put the Mission First for our Clients – We hire for passion for the mission. Our team shines a laser on the mission as we help clients create strategies, build designs, and implement solutions to achieve results
- We Build Trust through Collaboration – We don’t say ‘believe us’ but say ‘try collaborating with us and see what’s possible.’ We build relationships with our clients by communicating and delivering what we promise, gaining credibility to provide trusted advice on their toughest challenges
- Our Methods Accelerate Innovation – Our strategy and design mindset and proven methods and accelerators help our clients select and prioritize innovative solutions and quickly implement them. Our four integrated methods – along with more than 50 accelerators and hundreds of tools, techniques, and samples – help our consultants say yes and get things done faster than other companies
- Our Teams Tackle Complex Systems and Entrenched Behaviors – Our persistence, knowledge, and passion for the mission allows us to collaborate with stakeholders and transform old ways of doing things to engage the workforce in efficient, high performing processes enabled by technology. We hire for these characteristics, develop professional communications and collaboration skills in our consultants, and give them opportunities to delight our clients
- Our Company Invests in Our People – Our consultants are our greatest strength. We invest in them and provide the opportunities and resources to help them achieve their career goals
Last week, as one of our senior clients was retiring from a Federal law enforcement agency, we were invited to celebrate with her. Amid a group of special agents honoring this amazing leader, we remained in the background, supporting the leader’s success.
“Without your team, who had the consulting and data skills to turn our mission knowledge into something that will last forever, we couldn’t have done it. The results of this project will remain a resource for years to come. I know it.”
It is an honor that our team has the opportunity to support clients like this. Our strategy and culture support a group of amazing, unique individuals who put clients and mission above all else. #gratitude
About Arc Aspicio
Arc Aspicio is a management, strategy, and technology consulting firm that takes a mission-oriented approach to complex client challenges. As a rapidly growing company, Arc Aspicio has a bold strategy for 2016-2018 that drives growth through new capabilities in strategy, design, human capital, data analytics, information sharing, cybersecurity, and strategic communications. The company is known for a strong, collaborative culture that values gratitude – for its clients and its great team. And, #welovedogs! Follow us on Twitter @arcaspicio or learn more at www.arcaspicio.com.